Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sciatica and the Chiropractor

Okay, for the past 3-4 years I've been suffering with this calf/leg pain.  It all started about 3 summers ago when I was driving all over the southeast...Florida...multiple trips to North Carolina to see my dad who had had a stroke.  It is the type of pain that comes and goes.  I never knew when or how severe the pain might be.  This past year it's gotten worse.  I've felt weaker my right leg and have an almost constant dull pain in my calf, sometimes stabbing pain.  For the past 3 months my feet have been bothering me.  Stabbing pain in my big toe knuckles.

Well, in a couple of months, my mom and sister and I are traveling to Europe for a week or so and I do not want to be in pain on the trip.  I was telling my sis and her husband about my leg.  Well, bro-in-law tells me about his "voo-doo" doctor that healed him of a running related injury. He said this doctor practiced A.R.T.  I'd never heard of that, but Jonathan was singing his praises.  He told me to google chiropractor on Lawrenceville Hwy Atlanta.

http://1stchoiceonline.com/ is what popped up at the top.  These are certified sports chiropractors.  Jonathan's guy was Niklaus A. DelFavero.  I called and made an appointment.

As a side note:  I remember that my dad used to visit the chiropractor every now and then.  I have been saying for the last couple of years that I was going to visit the chiropractor for this pain but have just never taken the time to do it.  Two years ago I mentioned the pain at a physical I was having, but that doctor blew it off as a muscle strain.  Last year I did see another doctor.  At the time of making that appointment I was in pain.  But when the appointment rolled around, I had no pain, so that doctor blew it off, but said he would take xrays if I wanted...I didn't.  I had pain again.

So, how did my appointment go?  I'll tell you...

No comments:

Post a Comment