Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Bacon-of-the-Month Club

What do you get your husband when he turns 50 years old?  Bacon!

I was having the hardest time trying to decide on what to get for Tom for his 50th birthday.  I wanted it to be memorable, clever and something he would love.  Well, bacon for a birthday is memorable.  I would say it is clever.  And Tom loves bacon!  Perfect.

The internet is the best invention.  I googled "bacon of the month" and had several clubs to choose from.  I think Zingerman's Bacon of the Month Club was the first site I visited and it looked like just what I was hoping for.   http://www.zingermans.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=G-BAC-3&crf=muumrk&gclid=CO-vgcvvtq4CFUWQ7QodtHUFqw (Zigerman's also offers other types of "Month Clubs"--bread, cheese, brownie, coffee...)

Here's some info taken directly from the website.

Bacon Club
Featured on The Best Thing I Ever Ate on the TV Food Network!

It's better with bacon.

Six to date. That's how many vegetarians I know who've fallen off the bandwagon thanks to bacon. I'm not using that as a proposal for torturing anyone. I'm just saying any food that's so good it can break a strong will has to be worth trying.

We'll ship to the lucky recipient each month, just in time for weekend frying.

New! Each shipment contains 12 to 16 ounces of artisan bacon, bacon stories, histories and recipes.
Bonus! Free awesome Pig Magnet with first club shipment.


Three Installments
Month 1: Applewood Smoked
Month 2: Kentucky Dry Cured
Month 3: Arkansas Peppered

Six Installments -
Previous Bacons plus
Month 4: Virginia Dry Cured
Month 5: Tennessee Dry Cured
Month 6: Long Pepper 


I chose to send Tom the six installments of bacon.  Zingerman's packs up the bacon perfectly for shipping.  It arrives chilled and ready for your fridge.  Like it says above, you get awesome bacon stories, recipes and magnet.  Plus a handy notebook for storing the interesting materials.

So far we have received months 1 and 2.  Both delicious and interesting.  We fried up the two along with the store brand and did a taste test.  There were mixed results in the family.  Some like the dry cured, while some went for wet cured.  There was even a vote for the store brand.  Hmmmm...interesting.

The whole family is having fun with Tom's birthday present.  Can't wait for installments 3 through 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment