Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

American Lasagna

My mom's American Lasagna is one of my absolute favorites.  My kids love it, too.  For some reason my dear husband doesn't love it as much.  It might be because the last time I made it I used ground turkey instead of beef.  He likes beef.

American Lasagna

Cook 8 oz. of old-fashioned egg noodles according to package.

Combine to make cheese mixture: 
  • 6 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 c. cottage cheese
  • 1/4 c. sour cream
  • 2 Tablespoons minced onion
  • 2 Tablespoons minced green pepper
Combine to make meat mixture:
  • 1 pound browned ground meat
  • 2- 8 oz. tomato sauce 
Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.  Layer 1/2 noodles on bottom, followed by all the cheese mixture, then the last 1/2 of noodles, followed with all the meat mixture.  Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 385 degrees 35 minutes or until bubbly.

385 degrees is what I have on my recipe card that I copied from my mom's.  Don't know why 385...I'm sure 375 degrees would be fine.

This is so easy and so yummy, and it freezes beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment