Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

I don't know how long ago it was, but it's been some time, my friend, Fran, and I went to a cooking demonstration class up in Alpharetta.  One of the healthy, quick dishes that was demonstrated was Roasted Broccoli.  I made some last night, and it was a good as candy!  I couldn't stop eating it.

This is what I did.
I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.
I washed and dried a head of broccoli.  Next, I cut it up into little florets and spread them into a single layer on a large cookie.  Then came the extra virgin olive oil.  I drizzled a good amount on the broccoli, enough to coat them completely. (I remember the lady at the Alpharetta cooking class actually dipping the broccoli in olive oil.)  I swirled them around a bit to make sure they were good and coated.  Lastly, I sprinkled kosher salt all over.  I popped them into the hot oven and set the timer for 8 minutes.  The broccoli got good and browned on the edges.

These are soooo good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment