Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Brisket

Yes, I know, brisket is for Passover, but you all know that Jesus celebrated Passover. I got this recipe out of the Atlanta Journal Constitution March 21, 2002. I think I've made it each year since. It is called Reba's Never-Fail Brisket, and it is just that! It is delicious. (I double/triple this recipe...great left overs.)

Reba's Never-Fail Brisket

Makes 6 Servings

Prep: 10 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration

Cooking time: 3 hours.


1 3-pound brisket

2 tablespoons granulated garlic (I use garlic powder.)

1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika (I use regular. I actually saw Hungarian paprika for the first time at Kroger yesterday.)

1 package onion soup mix

1 12-ounce can regular Coke (do not substitute another cola!)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a 9-by-13 pan, place brisket and sprinkle with garlic, paprika and soup mix. Pour Coke into pan, preferably not directly on the meat so as not to wash the seasonings off. Seal pan very well with foil and bake for 3 hours.
After brisket has cooked, place entire pan in refrigerator overnight. Remove any congealed fat from the pan, then place brisket on cutting board. Slice the meat in thin slices across the grain. Reheat the slices in their juices.

I buy my brisket each year from the Oak Grove Meat Market on LaVista Road. Tom usually is the slicer of the meat the day of Easter. This job takes forever when you have a 7-8 pound brisket.

I hope you all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment