Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Online Credit Card

A while back, my sister, Amy (love her!), advised that I should have a credit card dedicated to online purchases only, so if any monkey-business happened, I could close the account ASAP and still have a credit card. (By the way, I try to only use my credit cards for online purchases and gasoline "pay at the pump," otherwise, I'm a cash kind of person--envelopes and everything...more to come on that topic.)

So...the online credit card I chose is the LL Bean Visa. With this card, I get free monogramming and can earn coupon dollars. (and LL Bean offers free shipping all the time on any amount now.) This works for me because I like their clothes for the whole family, they have great camping stuff (we like to camp...more on that to come, too), and a super return policy. They also run great sales all the time; a sale with coupon dollars equals GREAT prices.

Yesterday, I bought the cutest summer dress from LL Bean. Typically I wait for a sale, but I KNOW I will wear it all the time (see NR262566, deep lime/medallion) and I had $20 worth of coupon dollars to subtract from the price. That along with FREE SHIPPING every day, I feel like it is worth it. If I get it and I don't like it and it doesn't fit, I'll just send it back (free shipping back) and get my money back.

So the point is, get yourself a dedicated credit card for online purchases and choose one that will give you some perks!

No comments:

Post a Comment