Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Working Out

If you haven't incorporated exercise into your daily routine, you really should. (preach, preach, preach)


I've always enjoyed getting out and exercising.  I was always a member of an exercise place before having children.  Not any more, it costs too much money.  Now it is a good thing my friend Fran comes over about 3 times a week to my house to be my exercise buddy.  Mondays/Fridays we lift weights and on Wednesdays we power walk the neighborhood (with buddy, Collyn), otherwise I might not work out as hard or at all.   On the other days when Fran doesn't show up at my door,  I might powerwalk, do something on Exercise TV (AT&T U-Verse) or nothing.


For about 9 1/2 years I've included weight lifting in the exercise routine.  I think that's made all the difference in my overall health.  My guide in the weight routines is the Body for Life program.  Get the book Body for Life from the library and give it a read and implement as much or little of the program into your routine.  I do the weight lifting part with dumbbells.  The dumbbells were purchased, as needed, from Play It Again Sports.  One Christmas, Tom gave me a weight rack to hold my dumbbells.  I use the ottoman in the back room as my "bench press."  (I did give Tom a bench a few Christmas ago.  Alas, it is still in the box in the basement.)


Of course, when out and about running errands, I park far away from the entrance of wherever I'm going.   I often park by a cart corral, so I'll remember where I am.  I also take the stairs wherever I might be. 




I count yard work and house work as exercise, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment