Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Breakfast Tradition

Growing up, my mom used to always have a little something for us for Valentine's Day.  She would have it wrapped and on our plates at breakfast.  I always loved that tradition, so I have continued that with my kids.  It's funny that Caroline and Mary Elizabeth both asked if I was going to have a little surprise for them like I have in the past.  I'm glad they remembered and that they look forward to this tradition.

This year I bought each child a bar of Cadbury Chocolate with carmel, a set of Wisp toothbrushes and a fruit leather.  They all thought the Cadbury chocolate was quite gourmet.  They each received a paperback book and, not the usual little Valentine gift,  an item of clothing to wear to our weekend getaway in the mountains this coming weekend.  The girls each received snow boots, and Thomas got a new jacket good for wintery weather.  (I'll post about our getaway.  It's going to be soooo much fun.)


To make things a little more special, I tried to make the morning's  cinnamon rolls heart-shaped.  (I think I need new cookie sheets.)

No comments:

Post a Comment