Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

Quote by Ben Franklin 
US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, printer (1706 - 1790)

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." 

Really, the reason I'm doing this blog at all is for my kids.  One day they may read this blog and realize why their mom was the way she was...good or bad. 

I've got to say that Ben Franklin was a wise man.  I really think my days are better if I go to bed early and get up early.  I would love to be in bed by 9:30 PM (really 9 PM).  That gives me about 1/2 hour or hour to read before I nod off. (This is the time I try to read my Book Club books.  I'm in two book clubs: a neighborhood one and church friends one.  Right now I'm reading The Happiness Project and The Girl of the Limberlost.)  Then when the alarm rings at around 5:15 AM I'm ready to face the day.  By getting up early, I can have a bit of quiet time and gather my thoughts for the day before everyone else gets up.  On the weekends I will sleep a little later, but I'm still up before everyone else. 

On school days, I'm able to get breakfast together and the table set for family breakfast.  Family breakfast for us is the equivalent of family dinner.  We just can't seem to get to the dinner table together.  Having breakfast together lets us talk about what's going to happen that day, make plans for the week, have a little devotion (maybe), practice table manners, and enjoy each other's company.  I love family breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment