Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

When Co-op Gives You Lemons

What do I do when I get 16 lemons in my co-op box?  Well the first thing I do is put them in a pretty bowl and have then as food art.


Then I look through my recipe box for something yummy.  Last night I made Chicken Picatta.  Chicken Picatta is easy and super delicious. It really took me a matter of minutes to make. Here's the recipe.


Chicken Picatta

1/4 cup flour
1/2 t. salt (note: thanks to Fran, you no longer put 12 t of salt...ha)
1/2 t. lemon pepper (or just plain pepper if you don't have lemon pepper)
4 chicken cutlets (or more if you want- I had about 10 last night)--I had whole chicken breasts that had been previously frozen.  I thawed them in a bowl of water.  Then I cut them very thinly to make cutlets.

Mix the flour, salt, pepper together on a plate.  Dredge the cutlets in this mixture. 
Fry the floured cutlets in a little oil in a skillet until cooked through. (If cooking many, cook in batches.  Add more oil as needed.)  Remove from pan.

To dripping left in the pan add:
3 T butter
3 T lemon juice
1/3 c. dry white wine
Stir and cook until thickened.  Make sure to scrape up the tasty little bits that are stuck to the pan.  Taste sauce to see if it needs more salt and pepper.  Mine usually  does.  Put chicken back in the pan or pour sauce over cutlets (and angel hair pasta).

I didn't serve mine with pasta last night.  I sure wish I did.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are blogging again! I look forward to trying this recipe. Laura

    ReplyDelete