Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Don't Waste that Wine!

In the Chicken Picatta recipe that I posted a few days ago, it calls for a little wine.  The wine really makes the dish that much more tasty.  I found that often I'd open a bottle of wine to use in a recipe, but I would then pour most of the wine down the sink because we didn't get around to drinking it.  Here are a couple of solutions to this wasting wine problem.

1)  Buy a four-pack of little 187 ml bottles of wine.  (177.4 ml = 3/4 cup) 
Since we'll usually drink red, I keep Pinot Grigio in the little wine bottles.  I use white in my french onion soup and chicken picatta.

2)  Freeze left over wine in ice cube trays.  After is it frozen, put in zip top bags and store in the freezer until needed.  Throw it in frozen to your soups and stews.

No comments:

Post a Comment