Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Best Marriage Advice

I was married 18 years ago.  Time flies.  I really don't feel any older than I did when I got married.  Well, maybe I do when my hips bother me. That's another story.  Anyway....

My mom is the kind of mom that is laid back, really doesn't get in your business, is there if you need her, sort of mom.  She rarely tells you what to do, unless you ask. Well, when I got engaged and right before getting married, she did offer me some wedding advice.  Two bits of advice.  It seemed very simple at the time, but really was very wise. 

She said (I'm not sure these are the exact words, but it's very close to what I remember), "Marcy, I have a little advice for you before you get married.  Make sure your husband always feels important.  And don't go into debt." 

Wow!  What important words.
So true, but not always easy to do.  I do believe this wisdom from my mother has helped us along in our 18 years of marriage.  I do hope if you ask my dear husband if he feels important to me, he would say yes.  The only debt we have is our house.

Thanks, Mom, for the great advice!  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment