Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Field Trips for Summer 2011

Okay, I think I've decided what we'll do for field trips this summer.

I just signed up for FREE bowling (www.kidsbowlfree.com).  We've signed up for the past two summers.  Last summer, I bought bowling shoes online and Play It Again Sports, so it really was FREE.  Otherwise, you must pay for shoe rental.  The kids can each bowl 2 free games everyday for the entire summer.  I  even get my mom to sign up the kids in Charlotte, so when we go there, we get FREE bowling.  I just sit and watch.  Adults are not free.  (PS...they try to sell you some other stuff along the way to getting your FREE bowling.  Simply click on the "no thanks" at the bottom of the page to skip the hard sell.)

Next, I'm going to sign our family up at the Atlanta Preservation Center www.preserveatlanta.com.  I'll get the family membership for $60 and then each week, we'll take a walking tour of some part of Atlanta.  The Family Membership includes 2 adults and any children under the age of 18.  If I don't sign up, it's $10 and adult and $5 a student for each tour.  Tours offered: Fox Theater, Sweet Auburn/MLK District, Inman Park, Druid Hills, Ansley Park, Historic Midtown.  Each tour is 1-2 hours.  We'll ride MARTA to our destinations.  The tours don't fit in perfectly with my weekly schedule (field trip on a certain day), but I'm flexible. 

I'm also hoping to go see some movies at the Fox.

I'd also like to take the kids on  a tour of Oakland Cemetery. http://www.oaklandcemetery.com/guidedTours.html  ME says, "That's depressing."  I told her that folks used to go on picnics there.  There's even a twilight tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment