Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CVS super deal

I just have to share this because it makes me so happy to save money.  I love a deal, coupons, being frugal, pinching pennies.... 


Today the girls told me they needed conditioner.  They like Pantene.  I noticed that in Sunday's paper  that if I bought 2 Pantene products at CVS I'd get $2 in their Extra Care Bucks.  So I headed over to www.southernsavers.com to see if I could get any other deals.  Well, John Frieda Full Repair is on sale for $5 and there are $5 off coupons in the P&G thing from Sunday (that equals FREE), and then I'd get $3 ECB for the John Frieda. 

So I headed over to CVS.  I scanned my card at the Coupon Tower and it spit out a $3 off coupon because my birthday is this month.  Yippee!  $3 I didn't know I'd have.  Then it gave me a $3 off coupon on $10 of cosmetics.  I also got a coupon for $4 of Allegra.

I got my 2 things of Pantene and 2 John Frieda products and went to pay.  I had $1 off coupon for the Pantene, the 2 $5 off coupons for the John Frieda.  I used the $3 birthday coupon.  And the guy also took the $3 off cosmetics coupon that the Coupon Tower gave me just moments before.  I didn't even ask for him to do that.  He asked if I had any other coupons.  I said no.  He looked at what I had in my hand.  He practically pulled it out of my hands.  He said shampoo/hair care was cosmetics.  I'm not going to argue.

I ended up paying 74 cents (the tax) for these products.

Then...with my receipt I got $5 Extra Care Bucks to use the next time I shop!  They paid me $5 to shop today.
 
I'm going back to get more John Frieda (free) b/c I have 2 more coupons. Thank you CVS for the great deals this week.  I'll use the $5 to buy camp treats for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment