Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

 I try to make Father's Day special around here.  This year, one child is a away at camp, and another child had a fever and stayed in bed.  Only one child was around for present opening.  Tom received the universal shirt/tie combo (2 bow ties...I love him in a bow tie.)  Well, he didn't like the shirt, so I'm taking it back.  By the way, I'm so okay with that.  If you don't like it, take it back.  He really liked the bow ties, thought.  One-red/silver stripe, other- blue/red/ white stripe.  Very nice.

Twice a year I fry chicken for Tom- his birthday and father's day.  So I fried some chicken for dinner.  I also decided to make something with all the Vidalia onions I have.  I just love Vidalia onions.  I found a super easy recipe.  This is it.  I'm going to try to add some pictures.  Here goes.

Super Easy Vidalia Onion Casserole
You need: a couple of big onions sliced thinly.
1/2- whole stick of butter (I used 3/4 stick, but will use less next time)
1/2 cup or more sour cream
1 cup and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese  (I used the already grated kind in the can.  Could use fresh.)
1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed


First, saute the sliced onions in the butter until the onions are soft.

When they're soft and straw colored, remove the onions from the heat and add the sour cream and mix well.

Put half the onion mixture in a shallow dish, sprinkle with 1 cup or so Parmesan cheese.  Put the rest of the onions on top of that.  Sprinkle with the ritz crackers and 1/4 cup Parmesan.  (My friend, Fran, just gave me this tart dish...just the perfect size for this recipe!  Thanks, Fran!)

 Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.  Delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment