Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More savings!

If you read the previous post, I told you about my savings at CVS.

Well, I went back to CVS to use my $5 Extra Care Bucks that I received for buying the Pantene and John Freida Poducts (remember, I only paid the tax on those items).

The kids are going away to camp next week, so I was looking to buy some candy for a care package.  The Starbursts were priced 2 for $5.  (Usually they are $3.69 each.)  So I decided to get those, proceded to the register and only paid 10 cents for both bags.   KaChing!

I also had a $10 gift card to Kohl's that I received through the mail in my pocket.  I drove over to Kohl's and looked around.  What's popular right now are the socks that are cut really low, so you don't really see that you are wearing socks.  There were some priced at $13 with a sign that said, "Buy 1 get 1 half price."  I didn't want to spend the money buying two sets, so I picked up the six pack of socks thinking it would ring up as $13 and I'd pay $3 plus tax for 6 pair off socks.  I would be fine for that.  But, actually, the socks rang up for $9.75 (the buy 1 get 1 for half price price per set).  The total was $10.43.  I handed the girl my gift card.  She said I owed nothing!  The gift card zeroed out the cost of the socks, so I owed nothing!  How great is that.

So let's recap the last two days:
  • For 74 cents I bought 2 bottles of Pantene Conditioner and 2 bottles of John Freida Shampoo/hair product.
  • For 10 cents I bought 2 large bags (20% more than usual) bags of Starbursts
  • For zero cents a six-pack package of socks
This is a grand total of 84 cents!!!

I love to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment