Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Free" Bowling

Yesterday the girls and I finally made it to the bowling alley for a few free games.  At the beginning of the summer, I signed up the kids for 2 free games of bowling a day all summer!  www.kidsbowlfree.com
The games are free, but if you need bowling shoes, you must rent them.  At our bowling alley, Suburban Lanes, the bowling shoes are $3.25 to rent. (Last summer, my mom even signed us up in Charlotte, so when we went home, we bowled.  The rental for shoes there was over $4!)  Since I knew we'd play often,  I bought all the kids bowling shoes (Play It Again Sports and Ebay) last summer.  The shoes averaged $20 a pair.  This summer only one child needs a new pair.  I've got my bid in at Ebay.  We'll see.

So we went bowling yesterday.  This is what we learned about bowling:
  • bowling 2 games exercises 184 muscles 
  • bowling 2 games can burn between 320 to 580 calories 
  • bowling 2 games results in walking around a half a mile.  
Who knew?!

When you sign up for "free" bowling, you keep getting asked if you want the family plan.  Just scroll down until you see "no thanks" in little print and move on.  Keep saying no thanks to get just the kids signed up.  The family plan is $24.95.  I might just sign up for that (up to 4 adults-2 games-every day). It's $3.50 to bowl a game at our lanes.   I'm planning to get my own shoes, so if I bowled every time we went, it'd turn out to be a good deal...otherwise, I'll just watch (for free).

By the way, I took bowling in college!  I'm pretty sure I made an A in that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment