Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Early Riser

Since my kids hit school age, I have found that getting up 30-45 minutes before they do makes my entire day run smoother.  I'm able to get some quiet time in, eat breakfast, read the paper, check emails and get my thoughts together for the day before the mayhem begins.  Mercifully, I am an early bird. 

Of course, I could never get up early enough when they were babies/toddlers.   They all were also early birds.  We never needed alarm clocks then, because they would always wake us up.  No matter how early I tried to get up, I think they had the "mother is up" sensor, they would get up very shortly after. 

When Thomas was two years old or so he would get up VERY early and come to our room to either start the day or just to climb in for the rest of the night.  We had to train him to not get up and come into our room until it was 6 AM or when the first digit on the alarm clock was a six.    He knew his numbers.  After the first night, we learned that we had to put black electrical tape on the last digit of the clock...he was waking us up at 3:46AM, 4:16AM and so on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment