Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Le Creuset Dutch Oven

I am crazy for my 4.5 quart Le Creuset dutch oven.   It is an enamelled cast iron cooking pot, and I use it for everything from boiling water to slow cooking a pork shoulder for great BBQ.  I love for fall to roll around because it is perfect for all the soups and stews that I have an appetite for.  It is fire engine-ish red and virtually non-stick and easy to clean.  Occasionally, I even throw it in the dishwasher!!  This size suits my purposes, but I've longed for a larger one.

Well, my dear husband, who knows me quite well (knows that he can buy me a kitchen appliance as a gift only if I've talked about it over and over for years and years...), gave me a 5.5 quart Le Creuset for my birthday.  Now I'm wondering, "Do I want one that is larger?"  I've asked a couple of my cooking friends their thoughts on this.  I hope hear back from them soon.  If they recommend larger, I will trade it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment